Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some good stuff to share

Good things are meant to be shared, except for McDull and his pork.

1) Lots of cheap and good stuff on gmarket.com.sg, esp Korean stuff. A colleague recommended the site to me. I recently bought a long t-shirt from the site. All inclusive of shipment @$8.90 (dirt cheap! - pee ga LS). Will let you know when my order arrives safely…or if there’s a credit card fraud.

It’s addictive like facebook in the beginning – I’ve to browse the site after lunch every day, besides my daily ritual of visiting job sites.

2) Here’s a lip balm from C.O. Bigelow I like very much.
First got it as a x’mas present from my friend in Canada. I also asked a colleague/friend (?) who recently who went to US for a holiday to help buy it for me and she got me 3 (the full range)! I love the pink tint and looking forward to using the (transparent?) peppermint and magenta ones. Glides nicely on my lips and it helps to cover your bad breath if you’re so unlucky to have that… Should be safe cuz not made in China. Most importantly, it's yummy! And it’s only US$7.50 each but if you think it’s too expensive, you can buy used ones which I realized are available on ebay – Friends and esp unfriends, feel free let me know if you want one of these for x’mas, happy to buy if for you.

3) Channel 8 production of the year 《当我们同在一起》- a drama serials about Singaporean from the 30s (I think) – can watch it if you can tahan the accent and storyline.
My mum faithfully watches it every day. 50% of the leading actors are from PRC and spoke weird English and Malay here and there. But like my sis said, it’s totally acceptable cuz our forefathers came to Nanyang at about those times. Er... i categorically say that my grandparents were from Macau, then a colony of Portugal. The PRCs around us may/will be the forefathers to future Singaporeans – if they don’t abandon Singapore for better citizenships or global warming hasn’t killed all earthlings by then.

Let me know if there’re other good ‘lobangs’.

4 comments:

kly said...

y is it that i'm termed as colleague/friend (?) haha. and where is your pic in the loot that u hv gotten from gmarket?

Unknown said...

Your status is now ambiguous. So pray that i leave the company soon n u can be my full-time friend.

kly said...

ok, keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Jacqui Rose said...

can i cross my fingers for the both of you to be ex-ex-colleagues?