Sunday, December 20, 2009

Memorable Gifts

It’s once again X’mas – the season for excuse to share and exchange gifts!
I had a gift exchange with my colleagues last Friday and confidently gave away the most irritating gift of the evening. I was quite sure of that even before the exchange.


Nope, not these. The brown lump was actually a nice reindeer beanie if I remembered correctly.

Yes! This was the useful springcleaning set – duster and a sheet of facial mask – no better way to start a new year! Lee Ying was the lucky winner of my practical gift. See how happy she was! Bet she was admiring the gift set over the weekend.

On the receiving end, I’ve gotten many gifts, some more memorable than others but none as impressive as the one from my colleague – a (probably made in china) recycled cushion. It’s unique in that it is some sort of a piggy with 2 tiny hands, of which one is stained with something brownish, most likely chocolate from her son’s hands. The mouth is also slightly soiled, maybe the cushion piggy was feasting on chocolates and basking in medicated oil? The gift came with good finishing – crumpled wrapper (which her son had to take the rap for) and china-looking bag.

If anyone needs a cushion, let me know. The piggy is pretty fat and comfy for your feet. Recycling can help save the environment!

I stopped taking part in the company’s gift exchange this year, knowing my luck, I am better off buying something I fancy with the $10. I don’t need another feet cushion even though I want to do my bit for the environment.

1 comment:

kly said...

picture, picture of that gift from your colleague!!