Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No shallow pig

I’m not just some shallow pig who talks carp and bitches about people. I believe I’ve some achievements which I can safely call them my own:

I started off this theme dressing thing within the department, which got some other gals in other departments excited and joining in.

The whole thing started off as a revolution – we were so pissed off with our boss (the daily talk show host) that I decided we should wear the colour that disgusted him most – red to irritate him. The only guy in the department (besides the host) then only had blues (which he still does) n could only participate on blue dress themes. Even his ties are BLUE. Boring.

Subsequently, it became a weekly thing in the department and people actually asked what was next, so that they could come dressed for the theme. The subculture had died off but for annual office parties, they still adopted my idea on the dress theme for the year.

Within the department of now (new people), we are just contented if we managed to fake a smile at some people.

1 comment:

Jacqui Rose said...

I truly miss those themed dressing Fridays.