Thursday, December 17, 2009

People come, people go

Yes, people come and go. “People” to me refers to worthy beings, even pets and esp. dogs. For others when fall outside this range, I simply ignore them. The challenge is how to spot good people and make them my friends and keep them, through food, shopping, gossips… and learn to bid them farewell when the time comes or even when I didn’t realize it, let alone prepare for it.

The other challenge is to learn to welcome (at least superficially) people into my life through food and maybe gossips, hopefully get rid of them ASAP and pretend to look sad about losing them.

Neither has been easy to achieve for me. The closest is to stay emotionally detached e.g not keeping another dog.

2 comments:

kly said...

天下无不散之宴席。。

Unknown said...

天下没不死的苍蝇. So i'm rather hopeful.