Thursday, March 11, 2010

Easy Masks

More to say about masks. This time about type. After using so many types – creamy apply-on and wait to dry, cloth and even self-made (egg white, oat, honey… followed by breakout but still keen to try out DIY yogurt and beer later on once I found the right recipes).

For firming and deep cleansing, I think the creamy, muddy types work better. The one-piece cloth ones are good when it comes to hydration masks. But I have realized that those without the eye flaps are better cuz I can watch tv perforimg the daily DIY facial ritual. I was watching a documentary with a typical Korean mask on. Was upset to find the 2 eye flaps and contemplated whether I should put them over my eye area and decided not to waste it. I parked myself in front of the tv, hearing the part on south American snakes, and was curious when they mentioned a 9 meter serpent. I had to bring down th flaps the put them back when the sections were less interesting…. 10 mins later, I decided it was enough for a 30 min mask. I left the flaps hanging.

On another note, I really love Boots’ body scrubs. Cheap by spore’s standard and really good. So creamy and fragrant, you can eat it! Looks organic too! Bought the walnut one in chiangmai. Think it was $15, 1-for-1. forget about going to the body shop warehouse sale. Things aren’t not even 50% cheaper and I’d rather spend that one hour eating lunch. Can even have tea!

I think it’s cheaper and more cost efficient to concoct my own body scrub – mix VOO and brown sugar. Read this inm Urban but forgot the proportions. Trial and error should suffice. Definitely better than fighting the crowd and queuing for an hour.

No comments: