Monday, November 17, 2008

My bilingual standard

This entry is to prove to my colleague I really can read and write (and type) in Chinese. I thought the translation of jokes and the rougher language between English and Chinese (which was actually a translation module) can be a good show-off. Let me try:
Damn you = 他妈的
A**hole =王八蛋
F*** = The closest match is still the Q word in Cantonese

I can never forget my American lecturer, Mr St XX, who taught in Mandarin and has a Chinese name 沈XX. He always encouraged us never be shy to use the “F***” word cuz it’s not a bad word but an expression of emotions.

“Come on class, say it with me, loud and clear… Say F***!” I’m glad I’ve not disappointed him, and I thank my friends we have been so encouraging and spontaneous.

Actually, 骂粗话没什么了不起的,能指桑骂槐,语带双关才是最高境界!

2 comments:

Limlogy said...

I think you are those on the 最高境界 level!

Any blog entries on hokkien vulgarities?? can let zw be a guest star

Unknown said...

My bro is most welcome to be a guest blogger/consultant on this!