Thursday, April 21, 2011

Back in full force

Just as yiou might have thought that my blog is dead, I'm back in full force, hopefully. Reason being after much hardship getting from foreign talent helpdesk team based in the Philppines, i finally managed to have itunes installed on my (new) company's notebook (I didn't have my pc since some donkey years ago. And with itunes, i can finally tap the 3G of my iphone what you call internet tethering.

To show my sincerity and determination in coming back to the bloggers' world, I have done the following:
1) changed the look of my blog site
2) bought a documentbag to transport this notebook between my home n office

3) last but not least, still typing away at this hour.


And a little stry about the useless IT helpdesk which makes us so helpless: less than 2 months at work, I already have at lease 6 tickets, some on different issues, some on the same ones cuz whatever couldn't be solved will be rolled over to yet another new ticket. For cases they can't handle on the spot, they will escalate them to the same levels but you still have to call the same bunch of fools for level 2. Don't ask me why.


I had the experience of a customer service office telling me that he couldn't solve my acrobat reader issue cuz he wasn't trained in that software n he kept trying the method i tried n didn't work, so i said they jolly well get someone IT savvy to man the helpdesk. And he hung up on me.


The irony is according to protocol, they always end the call with "Is there anything i can help you with"? No, they can't, cuz they are so useless.

That's all for now. Watch this space! Otherwise, you can find me on facebook.

1 comment:

kly said...

Our IT helpdesk doesn't end with "is there anything I can help you with" coz issues are resolved by IT savvy colls!