Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thai Accent - don't know what to say

Went to vivo city for dinner yesterday. I had wanted Japanese food but my friend said the Q was freaking long and suggested Vietnamese food. On our way to the Vietnamese restaurant, we got distracted by the aroma from a Thai restaurant - Thai Accent, so we decided to settle for that. The conclusion: the food is like my mom’s cooking – ONLY smells good.

The ambience promised great potential for the food but it stopped just there, like BaliThai (in Suntec). The minced meat with rice and sunny side up was too watery n salty; the clear tom yam soup was equally salty, n unauthentic (the one from Thai Express is anytime better). Only the stir fry kai lan with garlic was passable, but I think i can do that too. The bill came up to about $55, discount if you have the stanchart card. I don’t have that but so what, I definitely wun be going back.

Contrary to the name of the restaurant, most of the waiters seemed to be from the Philippines. Not only was there no Thai accent, one said “sawadee ka” as we left the restaurant.

No comments: