Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things i learned in HK

Wellcome, the Fairprice equivalent of Hong Kong certainly left my friends a deep impression. This picture reminded me of the incident.
We were buying strawberry oreos and snacks as gifts when my 2 friends dashed out of the shop saying they saw a rat. Since cockroaches are friends I see every now n then at home (I love flying ones – more challenging), so I was quite ok with their distant relative. I went to pay up but the cashier took my money and jumped off when she saw the rat. It was a pathetic little fellow, skinny and a little wet. It might have licked the packaging of my oreos but certainly not th e cookies themselves cuz its legs were really long n skinny.

Next, the store manager, the only male staff I guess, had to try capture the rat with a waste paper bin, but it went under the atm machine, and he waited. Not easy being a store manager yah?

Open your eyes and ears and you’ll learn something new every day. I heard at the MTR a kid pestering his dad to buy him a toy. His dad saved his wallet n pacified him by telling him (in Cantonese) “This is nice but not so suitable for kids 小朋友”. So smart!

No comments: