Monday, June 7, 2010

Flavours of Hong Kong



Went to Crystal Jade HK café at OC last Friday for supper cuz the dinner at Hot Tomato at 313 wasn’t filling.

I had grilled salmon + aglio olio for $12.90 (before GST). The side salad with the very citrus mango dressing is very refreshing but the dressing was also used on the salmon, which drowned out the taste of the fish. The fish was cooked just right, and I liked the excessive olive oil on the spaghetti. For $2.90, you can upgrade the ala carte order to a set meal which comes with soup (it was very campbell mushroom for that day which I couldn’t take) and gelato.

My more satisfying meal was at Crystal Jade. The setting is very HK café. Me and friend shared a set for $13.90, since she was craving for soup noodles and me, chee cheong fun (the sweet and sesame sauces are perfect with the steaming hot, soft cheong fun!). The hot, thick corn drink was a pleasant surprise. We had enough tea and cold drinks for that day, so this was the only choice we could go with. I highly recommend it! No better way to end a Friday evening.

A friend left for hong kong the following day and gave each of us a photo montage as parting gifts. Here’s mine – but don’t understand why my photo taken during our PJs party was chosen….so ah ma!

1 comment:

Limlogy said...

Quite some eat ups for the mth of June huh