Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Little Museum

Most museums, if not all, are open to the public for free on statutory holidays. Like all kiasu Singaporeans, I grabbed any freebie that comes along. And so, me and my family were at the Peranakan Museum (the former ACM) on 1 Jan, together with my fellow countrymen who were oblivious to their playful, crying and yelling kids. The security guards were smiling at them. And why the Peranakan Museum? It’s all thanks to the mediacorp channel 8 drama “The Little Nyonya”. My mom couldn’t stop telling us what she thought of the story and who that nyonya should marry. Thank goodness, the drama’s coming to an end. Here’re some photos of the exhibition, things you don’t see in the drama, but my sis said the baba house in Malacca has much more to offer. I missed out on that when I went Malacca, cuz I was drawn to the malls. But never mind, I had ice kachang.

So I guess if channel 8 has a “the little Eurasian” coming up next, we’ll be visiting the Eurasian Association across the Nathan’s house.



Magazines/Periodicals


Damn rich, whether in Indonesia, Singapore, Malacca or Penang.


Shoe embroidery


Wedding suite


Telephone lor


Yea, Mrs LKY also nyonya.


It is present in every culture.

No comments: