Thursday, December 18, 2008

An exclusive interview with Mr McDou

The retrenchment wind has been blowing and the KPO Daily recently did an exclusive interview with the CEO of My Favorite Pork Group, Mc Dou.

Q: I heard your company is laying off staff. Are you undergoing a retrenchment exercise?
A: No, this is not a retrenchment. We’re just streamlining.

Q: Is this retrenchment and cost cutting?
Of course not, it’s just that we’re moving towards a leaner organisation. We are financially sound and have lots of money to burn.

Q: How many people will be affected, or retrenched rather?
A: All those who will be affected will be affected. I say again – there is absolutely NO retrenchment. My company is d*** rich and we can weather any storms. My butchers, chefs and all other staff are with me.

Q: How many butchers, chefs and other staff are you retrenching? What’re your compensation benefits?
A: I must say our benefits are competitive with the market rate. Oh oops…. I mean if we do retrench but since we aren’t, I can’t comment.

Q: Can we talk to one of your retrenched staff?
A: Of course not! You think I’m mad?!...ehem… I repeat, there’s absolutely no retrenchment! Which paper are you from again, you irritating fool!? I want to speak to your editor!!!

No comments: