Saturday, June 4, 2011

Watches change with time

My dad was a watch lover so when I was young, he bought for me classic citizens, seiko - the kinetic type with a simple face and metallic strap. I was envious of my classmates' Mickey mouse and other fanciful watches.

Then I started buying colorful fun designs when I went to junior college. They might be cheap, but hip and I enjoyed the positive comments from my friends. When I started taking vacation jobs, I was even willing to spend on Swatch watches. Now my budget is only $60 and even then it's a little pricey to me.

Recently, my casio watch I bought some 4 years back for $37 (or was it $35?) during a sale, stopped working due to a flat battery. I was contemplating buying a new, good one but finally decided after some shopping/ market research that all I need was a time teller an this one has served me well. $6 and I got back a reliable and sturdy watch. Good things don't have to be expensive they just need to be reliable and practical.

1 comment:

Limlogy said...

I was with you when we bought the casio watch.. think is $35.