Sunday, April 4, 2010

Good Riddance!

Got rid of 4 pairs of shoes last weekend. They were either over worn or really uncomfortable, or in the case of the charles & keith shoes pretty looking but not functional. This is my favourite pair I bought from old navy in San Francisco in March 2008.
The other pair I liked gave way last year. Can’t find an equally comfortable and pretty pair elsewhere. Comfort in shoes is really important to me cuz I go places in them!

Another thing that gave way was my McDull umbrella which I bought only in Nov last year. Good-looking guys are really not dependable…

The thing to really dump/strike off my list is Ma Maison restaurant (whether it is at bugis, the central or parco millenia). Just cant make it. I was initially enticed by the ambience but the food was enough to make it my one and only visit.
I ordered the seemingly delicious, chef recommended original miso hamburger +stew with udon which was really gross. Imagine drinking a whole bowl of miso/gravy. Quite yuckily original.
At that moment, I was only thinking of ichiban and sushi tei. The beef patty was definitely pure beef cuz it was very beefy. My friend was reminded of tampopo at liang court when she swallowed her pasta. The recommended brownie was somewhat of the bakery standard. The list goes on. The next table gave up eating a plate of pasta, possibly seafood marinara but we couldn’t really see cuz the customer threw the napkin on it.

The only pleasant surprises were the good customer service and the comics available. I picked up a copy of “monster” (showing on okto 11pm Fridays) though I couldn’t make out a word.

No comments: