Friday, May 29, 2009

Kiasu

I feel quite compelled to blog again because my neighbour at work has been furiously blogging for the last 2 weeks about her 2-week trip to the country next to Down Under. Clue: the population of the country’s dairy cows surpasses that of Singapore, according to their advertisements.

The problem is, I don’t have much to talk about other than that I’ll be going Beijing and Dalian in about 2 weeks. But must still blog cuz I kiasu. My friends from china, Singapore and even Canada, have been giving me tips on where to go, what to eat etc. My Chinese friends assured me that the seafood in dalian (next to north korea) will be safe for consumption when I told them my worry that my potential seafood meals will be floating on the sea with radioactive chemicals and fired missiles, courtesy of Pyongyang. When I asked one of guys “大连有什么好玩的?”, he replied without hesitation “男人”. Pretty helpful tip!

I also intend to purchase travel insurance for fun and just in case, as I can’t claim a single cent even if I cancelled my trip cuz of a H1N1 outbreak, UNLESS I catch that flu before I leave for my trip or during it. What’s the point? But still buy lah, kiasu mah.

No comments: