Monday, July 7, 2014

My holiday essentials

After the hard and sometimes mundane work in the office, a holiday is the best way to recharge. Therefore, it's essential to have a GOOD holiday! Here's my wish list:

1. A new destination. In the past, I tended to go back to same old places like hong kong. But, the world is so big and so many new things to see and learn. Once out of my comfort zone, I never wanted to be back in in again. Of course, it's sometimes still nice to go back to a familiar place for a short getaway, do nothing holiday. Wonderful if there are friends there as well.

2. A good and suitable companion. Going to Japan but didn't want to try even a night in a capsule hotel, can't eat beef and sashimi (I'm not even coming to babashi or raw horse meat yet); don't know how to cycle in Vietnam; always in a hurry, even in museums; Must sleep in 5* hotel, even in less developed places; can't walk too much; no eating at roadside stalls; trust strangers too easily; dont know how to areas maps, don't know how to book air tickets and hotels; don't know which hotel we will be checking into; no idea about the destination, not even if you sent them the information... what they need is a travel agent or they can just stay in Singapore. Unless this is my mother then I've no choice.

3. Wifi. I always need to be connected real time to tell my family I'm safe and sound, and to check in on Facebook, telling my friends or just connections what a time I'm having at that MOMENT, otherwise, that day. I talk to my usual friends about the usual things even i was away only for a few days.

My real good holiday was actually a no phone one, seizing the moment to enjoy the view, the company and sometimes even talking to a stranger or even people watch. I was so busy filming the fireworks at Disneyland, I had no recollection of the performance.

No comments: