Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Challenges

My department (corp comms) has just been given the task of doing the weekly “intelligence journal “ (since our HOD never knows how to say know as well manage the team). Those who aren't in comms or HAVE been in it long enough might have not heard of it. Basically, it’s to second guess a tiny group of readers (the bosses) and sniff out business opportunities for the company, compile the news (and rumours, including those you hear in the toilets) and blast them to the readers every week. It’s a challenge professionally but my manager said I could put this down on my CV to impress people, since no one in comms has heard of it. Hey, this may be the new trend! Or I may carve out a career with the CIA! Will measure my intelligence level again soon and see if it has gone UP.

We’re all pretty busy in the office these days. The colleague behind me was busying tracking the growth of her China-chinese, now Singaporean-chinese son on her sina.com blog, as well as her plant with daily photo-taking.

Speaking of her (now fellow) Singaporean son, we all believe he’ll grow up to be a talented boy, at least in the area of linguistics. His mom claimed that she got her PR in less than a year cuz she’s bilingual, and continues to greet callers on the phone “morling speaking”, “afterloon speaking”, "have a lice day" and has used a sticker to “earmark” her name on her plant. All moms are great. She took half a day off to go to the china embassy to renounce her son’s citizenship, so that he can defend Singapore (provided he doesn’t emigrate further to US cuz his English might have become so good with all the good genes).

I once joked with my friend that the day the china foreign talents “invade” little india is the day we should plan our career and retirement more carefully. I read in the news today about the little india’s identity crisis – “Thosai or tou sha”?

1 comment:

curifries said...

pls dont forget "happy burst day"