Thursday, June 25, 2009

Of Chicken and Pork/Pigs

Hello!

How does Kenny rogers’ honey glazed spring chicken and drumstick for dinner sound? Actually, these were leftovers from lunch cuz portion too big we didn’t even touch them, so don’t know how they TASTE, or supposed to taste. We only finished the PORK ribs. So I tar pau-ed them home. My mum was too lazy to bring out the mini oven, and instead heated the chicken in a wok. Upon prolonged (over) cooking, I think the coats of honey melted and the ‘homely’ taste? It was the usual roasted chicken mom buys from the market on Sunday mornings and heats them up in the evening. My sister asked why there was no dip. I had to repeat that this was Kenny rogers.

In any case, my mom always asks me how long it takes to steam a fish, fry a chicken etc… she attributes her lousy skills to her mom for not imparting her any. So my standard reply is - my mom doesn’t teach me any either. But she says I watch tv and read magazines, so should have learned something. We watch similar programmes and read the same magazines actually.

I’m so glad that the movie I’ve been waiting for, will finally be showing after a 2-year delay! Not Transformers, Harry Potter or Terminator but 《武当。麦兜》 (name now changed to 《麦兜响当当》)! I can’t tell you how elated I am cuz wudang has been with me for more than half a year, bumming around not doing anything and started going on holidays with me this year. He just came back from China and IS angry with me for forgetting to snap a picture of him on the great all, cuz that was what he really was on this trip for. No evidence to prove that he’s a 好汉. But he needs to know that he really is as popular as anyone out there!


Anyway, back to the movie. I won’t be catching it in the cinemas however, cuz:
1) No Cantonese version, so not 原汁原味
2) I need to watch it with the McDulls at home, can’t possibly everyone including the stickers and pins, there
3) Good to watch on dvd and keep a copy. MUST!
4) If it’s really showing Singapore

No comments: