Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Working with People

I read it somewhere that smart people are those who ask lots of questions and listen more than they talk. I’m glad to be working with some smart people and also the not so smart ones. Some people just keep quiet or have the blank stare b’cos they are clueless of what’s going on. Some keep nodding when you are talking, as if they understand it all. Then the next moment, they pop a stupid question. Of course, some just look/are plain (stupid).

I’ve worked and am still working with some “genius” who screwed things up and kept assuring me that everything would be just fine. Recently there’s this cannot-make-it printer who cannot get things right, not even copy and paste jobs. Last week, he offered to give me a good price for a job, I told him to put it down in the quotation. And he said “like that it will be meaningless”. So I asked him “Then what’s the purpose of a quotation?”, and he was dumbfounded. He just asked for it.

He was supposed to print some name cards for a lady director. So I told him to follow the template he used for a male manager. He said "Don't worry, i know what to do". He sent me THE template, untouched. Of course, these are just 2 out of the 10 encounters with him.

The classic example I could quote you was my ex-colleague who put up an invitation to quotation for whistles. She received some calls for clarifications and one vendor asked: the whistle can blow or not?

I must share that I've enjoyed working with the society for the physically disabled. They are so much more abled and smarter than the abovementioned retards.

The next time someone tells you: Don’t worry or no problem, please take extra care.

1 comment:

moshi ng said...

Deja Vu to the whistle query! Haha! They are big time idiots!